Oakville dating service stanley 220 block plane dating


01-Nov-2017 02:44

In those days, men's shirts sold for 47 cents and infant dresses ranged from 25 cents to .50, according to an old newspaper advertisement. Kumpitsch, the Nap-A-Minit painless dentist, was located over Dean Lunch ("It's The Food") in the Hodson Building on the corner of Bank and Center Streets in the 1920s.

A fire gutted the store in 1902, and it reopened a year later, this time as a full-service department store with 60 clerks. Reid's interest in the store was eventually bought out by investors including John G. Ladies' tailor Nathan Fidler was in the same building.

At this time many United Empire Loyalists were immigrating to Canada after the American Revolution, thus creating a great demand for land.

The Legislative Assembly of Upper Canada purchased the land located between Etobicoke Creek and Burlington Bay in 1805 from the Mississaugas, and this purchase is known today as the Mississauga Purchase.

The base and 15 foot granite tower of the clock on the Green were designed by Paul Lux of the Lux Clock Co.

It has been called "Colley's Clock" at times for the president of the Chamber of Commerce, Charles Colley, who fought for it. The 2,500 pound statue on the Carrie Welton Fountain is in memory of Caroline Josephine Welton's black stallion, Knight, and her love of animals.

Each of these pages will open in a new window, so you can close that window when you are done and return to this page.

Oakville Ontario is a town with a population of over 165,000 situated on Lake Ontario, and positioned halfway between Hamilton and Toronto.

The United Cigar Store next to it on the corner of West Main and Bank Streets was one of more than 3000 located at prominent downtown locations throughout the country in the 1920s.Drescher's Restaurant, Waterbury's oldest restaurant, was located at 16 Harrison Avenue (aka Harrison Alley) from 1882 to 1982, when the building was moved to Leavenworth Street. Peck Carriage House on Harrison Avenue was erected in 1898 as the town's fanciest stable for businessman Peck's horses and carriages.